Heloise Crista Sculptures
Heloise Crista joined the Taliesin Fellowship in 1949, not to become an architect, but rather to be in “the atmosphere of such ideas and such people as Mr. and Mrs. Wright and the community of apprentices.”
Heloise became known for her sculpture, an interest sparked at Taliesin. Her first major work was a bronze bust of Wright, in 1956, which remains on display in the Garden Room at Taliesin West. Her sculptures have been incorporated throughout the campus at Taliesin West— where they continue to inspire visitors—and throughout structures designed by the Taliesin Associated Architects, the architecture firm created by apprentices of Wright, following his passing.