Taliesin 2 Floor Lamp
Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959) is recognized world-wide as one of the greatest architects of the twentieth century. His work heralded a new thinking in architecture, using innovation in design and engineering made possible by newly developed technology and materials. His creative ability extended far beyond the border of architecture to graphic design, furniture, art glass, textiles, and decorative elements for the home.
In 1933, when Frank Lloyd Wright converted the original gymnasium of his Hillside Home School, located in Spring Green, Wisconsin, into a theater, he designed lighting pendants composed of rectangular light boxes and plywood shields to be suspended from the tall ceiling. These fixtures proved to be a lighting innovation, providing comfortable indirect light without the use of glass or shades. In 1952, when the theater was rebuilt following a fire, Wright modified the design of the original fixtures for use in the dining room, attaching them to the oak beam overhead. He found their soft indirect light so pleasing that he had a standing floor lamp of the same design fabricated for use in his own home, Taliesin.
Available in U.S. only.
Some assembly required.
The lamp has (10) 15 watt incandescent bulbs pre-installed as well as an on/off footswitch for easy power management.
Because our lamps are manufactured by hand, please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Weight: 28 lbs
Base: 16" X 16"
Please Note: This is a drop ship item and will ship directly to you from the manufacturer. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Shipping included only within the continental U.S. International orders must have a U.S. shipping address.
- Drop ship items are final sales and non-returnable